Free Tax Filing Assistance for Military and Veterans
Posted by Gregory M. Rada | January 16, 2015 | Taxes
The 2015 tax filing season is here, and several companies are once again offering free or discounted tax filing assistance to servicemembers, veterans, and their families. Below are a few of the more popular options:
- TurboTax Freedom Edition – This is available to active duty military families with a combined income of $60,000 or less in 2014.
- TurboTax Military Edition – Free online federal and state taxes for E1-E5s, and $5 off TurboTax federal products for E6+ and Officers.
- TaxSlayer Military Edition – Free online federal and state taxes for ALL active duty military.
- MyFreeTaxes.com – This is the only service that offers free online filing, as well as in-person filing in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. To qualify, your family must have a combined income of $60,000 or less in 2014.
- Military OnceSource and H&R Block – These two organizations are teaming up again to offer free online filing service to servicemembers including 1 federal return and 3 state returns (good for members who PCS’d during the year). You must start your return by clicking on the Military OneSource link.
- IRS Free File – The IRS has it’s own free filing option for federal taxes. To qualify, your family must have a combined income of $60,000 or less in 2014.
Gregory Rada is a Veterans Benefits Attorney who practices Nationwide. He graduated from the University of Connecticut School of Law, and has been practicing law for eight years. Gregory Rada believes in fighting for fellow veterans. Learn more about his experience by clicking here.